Click Here to Purchase Tickets for the March 2nd Palace Theatre Show, featuring a salute to the "One Hit Wonders"!
Memory Road - East Tennessee's Premier Oldies Duo
* Memory Road is one of Eastern Tennessee's premier oldies/cover groups and one of the most booked acts in the area with over 350 performances at over 50 different venues over the past six years. This personable, fun and multi-talented musical duo features two Fairfield Glade, TN residents, Dennis Hill (Lead Vocals, Electronic Percussion and Acoustic Guitar) & Gibbs Lukoskie, (Electric Guitar and Backup Vocals).
* Memory Road covers over 4 decades of music from the 50's through the 80's and a few 90's hits. Their song list features over 230 "Golden Oldies" that hit the top of the charts. From the major artists to the one hit wonders, some of the greatest artists of our time are covered such as The Temptations, Buddy Holly, The Platters, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, Credence Clearwater Revival, The Moody Blues, Bob Seger, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke, Willie Nelson, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Drifters, Dion and The Belmonts, Del Shannon, Brooks & Dunn, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash and many others.
* You and your guests will certainly enjoy the music we grew up with as Memory Road takes you back to the time when you could clearly understand the lyrics and even sing along with the great melodies of those decades. Song requests are encouraged.
* In addition to their LIVE guitars and Vocals, Memory Road uses the latest in MIDI and digital technology to provide a large, full band sound. This combination produces distinctive musical arrangements and also makes it easy to control the volume in any type of venue. Clients get a very big, but not loud, sound for the money. Many clients appreciate the fact that Memory Road does not take up very much space and is easily able to control their volume level so that guests can still have a conversation without having to yell above the music. This makes Memory Road a good fit for smaller venues where a large band would not be appropriate. Nearly every venue that has hired Memory Road has booked a return performance.
* Memory Road's performance goes beyond the music. They interact and engage with their audience, resulting in a friendly, casual, yet highly professional performance.
* Memory Road is available as a duo, trio or 6 piece show group. We can tailor the performance to what your venue needs. Whether you want to dance or just listen to great music, this is the perfect team for your function! Check the schedule or call Gibbs at 931-287-0310 for availability. References furnished upon request.
* Memory Road has performed at a variety of events in and around Crossville, Fairfield Glade and Eastern Tennessee. Area performances include the Palace Theater, Cumberland County Playhouse, Homestead Apple Fest, Art Circle Public Library, Vegas Steakhouse, Peavine Roadhouse, Red’s Ale House, Beef & Barrel and the Phil-Ing Station in Crossville, Monkey Town Brewing Company (Dayton), Chandler’s By The Lake (Ten Mile), R Place (Lake Tansi) and Mountain Top Bar & Grill (Rockwood). Performances within Fairfield Glade include Legend’s Restaurant, Stonehenge Grille, the Mirror Lake Blast, the FFG Craft Fair, Kids on the Rise 'Blue Jean Ball', the Moonlighter’s Dance Club, New Generation Dance Club, Sociables Dance Club, Fairfield Glade Wine Club, Fairfield Glade Single’s Club and the occasional private party.
* On the Road ... Memory Road has been the headliner at the Regional Airstream Rally in Sweetwater, Ohio as well as a featured 5 day appearance at the Fort Lauderdale, Florida International Boat Show. In addition, they have traveled to Florida for three 'tours' of show dates and club gigs at various venues in cities suchas Sebring, Dade City, Fort Pierce, Punta Gorda and New Port Richey, to name a few.
*** For Bookings or additional information ... Call 931-287-0310
MEMORY ROAD (TRIO)
* Memory Road sometimes performs as a 'trio', adding the versatile saxophone sounds of Glen Holverson. Glen has performed with rock & roll, country and blues bands for nearly all his life. He regularly plays with several bands in the Cumberland Plateau area. Glen's amazing talents add that authentic 50's & 60's sax sound to Memory Road's already outstanding sound and repertoire. Any events on the calendar marked "(Trio)" will feature Glen along with Gibbs and Dennis.
Memory Road (Revue)
* The Memory Road Revue is a 6-piece show group. Dennis & Gibbs put the group together to be able to offer audiences an even wider variety of great oldies for larger venues such as festivals, conventions and other special events. They started with the trio, Dennis, Gibbs & Glen Holverson, then added Bob Bourne (aka 'Rockin Robbie') who plays percussion & harmonica, Dennis Donald, vocalist & percussion and Glenn Miranda, on keyboards & vocals. Together, this '6 pack' of multi-talented musicians put on an energetic, fun, Classic Oldies show that's outstanding for any event where the music of the 50's to the 80's is desired. Here is a little bit more about each of the individual artists ...
Dennis Hill has been singing professionally for over 45 years, starting out in Michigan and then Indiana before moving to Crossville. You will be hard pressed to find a more versatile vocalist. Dennis can navigate vocal styles from classic country to 80’s hair-band rock to rhythm and blues, then back to crooning the standards. In addition to most of the lead vocals for the group, Dennis has added electronic percussion to his on-stage performances.
Gibbs Lukoskie (aka ‘Mr. Gibbs’) started performing back in the early 60’s with a group called “Sunny & The Four Shades” at several venues throughout New England and the East Coast, including the iconic Peppermint Lounge in New York City. Gibbs played saxophone back then, but when he returned to public performing in 2009, he began playing guitar. He also provides the low bass voice that’s an integral part of the sound of many oldies such as ‘Duke of Earl’ and ‘Chain Gang’.
Glen Holverson started his musical career at the ripe old age of 15 and right after high school he toured with Buddy And The Citations. After that, Glen spent 31 years in the Chicago area playing up to 5 nights a week, highlighted by some TV appearances and recording studio work. When living in Florida, there were gigs at Universal Studios and Disney theme parks and since moving to Cookeville, Glen has worked with a variety of the top bands in this part of Tennessee. His groovin’ 60’s sax contributes much to the Revue’s authentic oldies sound.
Dennis Donald, another outstandingly, versatile vocalist is well known in this area for his performances at Cumberland Playhouse and the Curtain Call Dinner Theatre. His DSquared (D2) Productions company has produced over 40 shows at the Palace. Singing since the age of 8, Dennis has been an opening act at the Michigan State Fair for artists like Charlie Pride, Anne Murray and many more. At the age of 13, he was honored and performed at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington. His harmony and lead vocals fit seamlessly into the Revue.
Glenn Miranda joined his first band in 1963 and has been a musician ever since. After high school graduation in 1968, Glenn spent the next 11 years on the road performing through out the US, Canada and across the pond. Glenn has toured and performed with many big names over the years including Strawberry Alarm Clock, Roy Clark, Dionne Warwick and Glen Campbell. Glenn is a great lead and harmony vocalist and his keyboard talents add yet another dimension to the Memory Road Revue show.
Bob Bourne (aka ‘Rockin’ Robby’) is likely the person responsible for the very existence of Memory Road. A chance encounter with Dennis Hill at one of Fairfield Glade’s favorite pastimes, a yard sale, led to an impromptu guitar jam session. Later, Bob introduced Dennis to Gibbs and the rest is history. Rockin’ Robby plays conga/percussion and some harmonica in the Revue performances.