Memory Road - East Tennessee's Premier Oldies Duo
* Memory Road is one of Eastern Tennessee's premier oldies/cover groups and one of the most booked acts in the area with over 150 performances at 35 different venues over the past two years. This personable, fun and multi-talented musical duo features two Fairfield Glade, TN residents, Dennis Hill (Lead Vocals and Acoustic Guitar) & Gibbs Lukoskie, (Lead Electric Guitar and Backup Vocals).
* Memory Road covers over 4 decades of music from the 50's through the 80's and a few 90's hits. Their song list features over 230 "Golden Oldies" that hit the top of the charts. From the major artists to the one hit wonders, some of the greatest artists of our time are covered such as The Temptations, Buddy Holly, The Platters, Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, Credence Clearwater Revival, The Moody Blues, Bob Seger, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke, Willie Nelson, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Drifters, Dion and The Belmonts, Del Shannon, Merle Haggard, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash and many others.
* You and your guests will certainly enjoy the music we grew up with as Memory Road takes you back to the time when you could clearly understand the lyrics and even sing along with the great melodies of those decades. Song requests are encouraged.
* In addition to their LIVE guitars and Vocals, Memory Road uses the latest in MIDI and digital technology to provide a large, full band sound. This combination produces distinctive musical arrangements and also makes it easy to control the volume in any type of venue. Clients get a very big, but not loud, sound for the money. Many clients appreciate the fact that Memory Road does not take up very much space and is easily able to control their volume level so that guests can still have a conversation without having to yell above the music. This makes Memory Road a good fit for smaller venues where a large band would not be appropriate. Nearly every venue that has hired Memory Road has booked a return performance.
* Memory Road's performance goes beyond the music. They interact and engage with their audience, resulting in a friendly, casual, yet highly professional performance.
* Memory Road is available as a duo, trio or full group. We can tailor the performance to what your venue needs. Whether you want to dance or just listen to great music, this is the perfect team for your function! Check the schedule for availability. References furnished upon request.
* Memory Road has performed at a variety of events in and around Crossville, Fairfield Glade and Eastern Tennessee. Area performances include the Palace Theater, Homestead Apple Fest, Art Circle Public Library, Vegas Steakhouse, Peavine Roadhouse, Red’s Ale House, Beef & Barrel and the Phil-Ing Station in Crossville, Monkey Town Brewing Company (Dayton), Chandler’s By The Lake (Ten Mile), R Place (Lake Tansi) and Mountain Top Bar & Grill (Rockwood). Performances within Fairfield Glade include Legend’s Restaurant, Stonehenge Grille, the Mirror Lake Blast, the FFG Craft Fair, Kids on the Rise 'Blue Jean Ball', the Moonlighter’s Dance Club, New Generation Dance Club, Sociables Dance Club, Fairfield Glade Wine Club, Fairfield Glade Single’s Club and the occasional private party.
* On the Road ... Memory Road has been the headliner at the Regional Airstream Rally in Sweetwater, Ohio as well as a featured 5 day appearance at the 2014 Fort Lauderdale, Florida International Boat Show. In addition, they have traveled to Florida for three 'tours' of show dates and club gigs at various venues in Sebring, Dade City, Fort Pierce, Punta Gorda and New Port Richey.
Memory Road (Trio)
* Memory Road sometimes performs as a 'trio', adding the versatile saxophone sounds of Glen Holverson. Glen has performed with rock & roll, country and blues bands for nearly all his life. He regularly plays with several bands in the Cumberland Plateau area. The sax adds a lot to Memory Road's already outstanding sound and repertoire. Any events on the calendar marked "(Trio)" will feature Glen along with Gibbs and Dennis.
Memory Road (Revue)
* When Memory Road gets together with Glen Holverson, Dennis Donald, entertainer, singer, dancer, actor and theater entrepreneur, and 'Rockin Robbie', their guest harmonica, conga and guitar player, as well as an optional 6th member, they call the show ... the Memory Road Revue ... a combination that's great for festivals, conventions and other special events.