Due to Coronavirus precautions:
All the events that are on the schedule must be considered "tentative" until further notice.
To all of our fans & friends ... please stay safe!
* The full Memory Road group is the 5 to 7-piece show group that Dennis Hill & Gibbs Lukoskie put together to be able to offer audiences an even wider variety of great oldies for larger venues such as festivals, conventions and other special events. They began as a duo, then added Glen Holverson on sax. The progression continued with four more excellent musicians: Dennis Donald, vocalist & percussion ... Dennis Long, on vocals & congas ... Rob Fisk on keyboards & vocals and Ken Duller, who runs sound and adds back-up vocals on wireless mic. Some shows will also feature special guests: Lucee Noe, a female vocalist.
* Memory Road covers over 4 decades of music from the 50's through the 80's and a few 90's hits. Their song list features over 100 "Golden Oldies" that hit the top of the charts. From the major artists to the one hit wonders, some of the greatest artists of our time are covered such as The Temptations, Buddy Holly, The Platters, Neil Diamond, Credence Clearwater Revival, Bob Seger, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, The Drifters, Dion and The Belmonts, Del Shannon, Brooks & Dunn, Ray Charles and many others.
* You and your guests will certainly enjoy the music we grew up with as Memory Road takes you back to the time when you could clearly understand the lyrics and even sing along with the great melodies of those decades. Song requests are encouraged.
* Memory Road is, primarily, a vocal group that uses the latest in MIDI and digital technology to provide a large, full band back-up sound. However, many of the group's members are also accomplished performers on musical instruments. Adding 'live' instruments to the show makes for a combination that produces distinctive musical arrangements. It also makes it easy to control the volume in any type of venue. Clients get a very big, but not loud, sound for the money. Many clients appreciate the fact that Memory Road is easily able to control their volume level so that guests can still have a conversation without having to yell above the music. This makes Memory Road a good fit for venues where a large band with would not be appropriate. Nearly every venue that has hired Memory Road has booked a return performance.
* Memory Road's performance goes beyond the music. They interact and engage with their audience, resulting in a friendly, casual, yet highly professional performance.
* Memory Road has performed at a variety of events in and around Crossville, Fairfield Glade and Eastern Tennessee. Area performances include the Cumberland County Fair, Palace Theater, Cumberland County Playhouse and Art Circle Public Library in Crossville. For several years, Memory Road has been one of the biggest draws at Fairfield Glade's Mirror Lake Blast Summer Concert Series. Other East Tennessee performances include Terrace View Marina (Spring City), the Princess Theatre (South Pittsburg) and the Historic Loudon Theatre (Loudon).
*** For Bookings or additional information ... Call 931-287-0166
Meet the memory Road Performers ...
Dennis Hill has been singing professionally for over 45 years, starting out in Michigan and then Indiana before moving to Crossville. You will be hard pressed to find a more versatile vocalist. Dennis can navigate vocal styles from classic country to 80’s hair-band rock to rhythm and blues, then back to crooning the standards. Dennis is the primary lead vocalist for the group as well as the musical director and all around work horse and organizer. His 30+ year career in broadcasting has prepared him well for Memory Road's amiable stage performances.
Glen Holverson started his musical career at the ripe old age of 15 and right after high school he toured with "Buddy And The Citations". After that, Glen spent 31 years in the Chicago area playing up to 5 nights a week, highlighted by some TV appearances and recording studio work. When living in Florida, there were gigs at Universal Studios and Disney theme parks and since moving to Cookeville, Glen has worked with a variety of the top bands in this part of Tennessee. His groovin’ 60’s sax is crucial to the group's authentic oldies sound.
Dennis Donald, another outstandingly, versatile vocalist is well known in the Crossville area for his performances at Cumberland Playhouse and the Curtain Call Dinner Theatre. His DSquared (D2) Productions company has produced over 40 shows at the Palace. Singing since the age of 8, Dennis has been an opening act at the Michigan State Fair for artists like Charlie Pride, Anne Murray and many more. At the age of 13, he was honored and performed at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington. His harmony and lead vocals fit seamlessly into the Memory Road sound.
Dennis Long (Yes! We have 3 guys named Dennis in Memory Road) is originally from Massachusetts and he has been playing and singing in rock bands since he was 6 years old! Back in the 70's and early 80's, Dennis was in a collection of very 'un-famous' all-original bands in the Boston area, including a 'family' band called the "Long Brothers". Dennis moved to Tennessee in the mid-90's to become yet another Nashville area singer/songwriter. He has been performing as a solo artist around Cumberland County since 2008. Dennis Long is a very dynamic performer, known for his on-stage energy and excellent baritone vocals. Dennis also adds Conga & Percussion. You will truly enjoy his performances with the group.
Rob Fisk plays keyboards and sings back-up harmony with Memory Road, as well as adding a few lead vocals. Rob studied vocal arranging while in college, a talent that has contributed greatly to the group's overall sound. In the late 70's, he was a member of a popular rock & roll cover band called "Eastwood Parke" in his home state of Michigan. Rob has worked as a music teacher, piano tuner and Pastor before "retiring" to Cumberland County, Tennessee. He says, "Playing with Memory Road is SO much fun - come and ENJOY!"
Ken Duller is Memory Road's sound tech and off-stage (with wireless mic) back-up vocalist. Ken began his musical career nearly 60 years ago in his home state of Wisconsin. He played and sang his way through high school and college, honing his craft in the 60's with a garage band, the “Stingrays”, and in the 70's & 80's with a power trio, “Night Watch”. As a member of “God's Country” in 2004, Ken wrote, arranged, and recorded songs with fellow band members in Nashville, Tennessee at Doorknob Records, with well known Owner/Producer Gene Kennedy. Ken currently owns "Diamond Lake Productions" where he writes, arranges, produces and records various projects.
Lucee Noe' is a female vocalist who moved to Tennessee in 2018 from retirement in Florida. In addition to singing, she enjoys hobbies, such as acrylic painting, interior decorating and gardening. Lucee was born in New Jersey and raised on Long Island. She has been singing professionally since 2010. She also has a varied background in dance (tap & clogging) and set-stage design. When Lucee performs with the group, she adds those great 'girl group' songs to the Memory Road repertoire. She’s proud of her motto … “Music is what feelings sound like”.
Gibbs Lukoskie (aka ‘Mr. Gibbs’) founded Memory Road along with Dennis Hill back in 2013. They performed strictly as a duo and occasional trio (with Sax man Glen Holverson) until, in 2017, they added the additional members to form the 'show group' that we now know. Individually, Gibbs started performing back in the early 60’s with a group called “Sunny & The Four Shades” at several venues throughout New England and the East Coast, including the iconic Peppermint Lounge in New York City. Gibbs played saxophone back then, but when he returned to public performing in 2009, he began playing guitar and singing 'lowdown' bass parts.
NOTE: Gibbs has retired from performing, except for special guest appearances. His 'final concert' was cancelled due to the current pandemic, so, when things get back to normal ... there will, surely, be a "Farewell to Gibbs" show in Memory Road's future!
*** For Bookings or additional information ... Call 931-287-0166